HORSEPOWER’s mission is to promote and enhance the welfare of individuals with disabilities by providing a program of therapeutic, educational and recreational value, and further, to empower individuals who are intellectually, physically, emotionally and/or socially challenged through the use of horses, while providing therapeutic benefits in a safe and controlled atmosphere.
HORSEPOWER is a Premier center, operating an equine assisted program and following all of the operation standards set forth by PATH International Headquartered in Denver, Colorado.
- Our vision is to increase the quality of life for people with disabilities through the use of horses.
- We believe that horses provide recreational and therapeutic benefits to persons with disabilities.
- We believe that what happens between a horse and its rider is often a magical, and sometimes unexplainable, experience.
- We believe that our training, knowledge and experience with horses and persons with disabilities provides a unique opportunity to enhance the quality of life for our clients.
- We believe the world looks different on a horse.